SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Extra-long sliding mirror door track

A quick learner from Portland, OR says:
RE: 96" sliding mirror door bottom

Our closet opening is 114 1/2". Is it possible to connect 2 pieces of
23-243 together (obviously cut one piece off shorter to fit the 114 1/2" opening and, if so, how does one fit them together? Do you sell a connector piece?

Thank you for your help in this area
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There is not a connector piece to put two tracks together, but you don't really need one. You would just butt two together and install them normally. One idea would be to use the longer section of track where it gets the most usage.
A professional from California says:
I would suggest carefully filing the meeting edges to remove any sharp edges that would snag on the bottom guide. It might even be helpful to bend the edges of the slot slightly outward. Just to sort of round off the very end. Then make sure you have a solid surface to screw both meeting ends to. I would put 2 screws in each side as far apart as the flat center portion will allow and close to the meeting point. I'm probably overly cautious, but I would worry about the guide catching on any slight variation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)