SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

FINGER LATCH FOR SLIDING STORM DOOR WINDOW

A quick learner from OGDEN, UTAH says:
TOTAL LENGTH - 3 3/4IN.
INSIDE NUMBERS - 462 -1-L; 462 -1-R

LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO YOUR 91-051 - SEASONALL SLIDE BOLT SET. HOWEVER I ORDERED A PAIR OF THESE AND
THEY DON'T ENGAGE. RIGHT LENGTH, RIGHT HEIGTH - . THEY FIT INTO THE SLIDE CHANNEL IN THE WINDOW HOWEVER THE TIP PORTION THAT INSERTS INTO THE HOLE IN THE DOOR FRAME IS TOO BIG.

ALSO LOOKS VERY SIMILAR TO YOUR 91-002 . HOWEVER THAT LATCH IS TOO LONG (4 1/8 IN.) I NEED 3 3/4 IN.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED. I JUST NEEED ONE PAIR. I HAVE THE SPRINGS.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can I see a few pictures of your latches? That would help us find the appropriate replacement. Thanks!
A quick learner from OGDEN, UTAH says:
IMAGE ATTACHED.
THE 2 LATCHES NEXT TO THE RULER ARE THE BROKEN LATCHES. NOTE THAT THE INSERTION POINTS HAVE BEEN BROKEN OFF. ORIGINALLY THEY WERE APPROX. 3 3/4 IN. LONG.

THE 2 UPPER LATCHES ARE YOUR 91-051 SEASONALL SLIDE BOLT SET. THEY LOOK SIMILAR, ARE THE RIGHT HEIGHT , LENGTH AND DEPTH BUT THE INSERTION POINTS ARE TOO LARGE TO FIT INTO THE HOLES ON THE DOOR FRAME.

DIMENSIONS NEEDED; LENGTH 3 3/4 IN. DEPTH: 1/4 IN. HEIGTH: 7/16IN.

THE INSERTION P[OINTS ON THE BROKEN LATCHES ONLY EXTENDED ON THE INSIDE HALF OF THE BOLT.

THANKS FOR HELPING!!
User submitted a photo of slide bolts.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We actually have repaired storm sashes in the past using our 91-001 and 91-002, in addition to our 91-003 spring. I don't believe the 91-051 pair are the ones to replace your broken parts. The 91-001 and 91-002 are your best bet, I think.
A quick learner says:
Hey Dave

The latches you recommended worked perfectly. many thanks!

Ed
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)