SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Felt for commercial door

A handy person from statesville, NC says:
Hi I have two kinds of felt on one door. The first one is a 1/8" wide hard base that fits into a slot that is 1/4" tall. The second one is 7/16" wide by 3/16" tall metal channel with spring clips on the back and two felt bands on the front that are 1'8" by 1/8" felt.

The first one I would need a minimum of 14" (any color) and the second one 7 feet in the same color as the first.

PLEASE call with any questions
User submitted image of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. It looks like you're showing us a commercial door face plate, along with the wool pile which you say is 1/8" wide base. However looking at the base of the wool pile it looks wider than 1/8". Can you double check that measurement? In the meantime, take a look at the 79-030 face plate and 58-085, which is 7' tall. This is a generic weather stripping which I think should fit your doors. We also have the official Kawneer weather stripping, the 58-085. This is 8' tall. Take a look and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)