"Finger latch" assembly for top of tilt-in lower sash on American Craftsman 8500 Series window

A landlord from Gardiner, NY says:
I am looking for what I believe is called a "finger latch". The lower sash of the window can be tilted in for cleaning by manually pulling in these latches at both upper corners of the sash. This releases the top of the sash from the tracks at the sides of the window.

The window is an 8500 Series double hung vinyl window by American Craftsman. American Craftsman windows are made by Silver Line Building Products (SLBP), a division of Andersen. I purchased the window through Home Depot in 2010. Its color is white.

Important note: the latches shown in these pictures are NOT the factory-installed ones. They are retrofit parts that were installed by a repair technician from SLBP to correct a manufacturing defect. The difference between these latches and the factory-original ones is that the trapezoidal component that protrudes beyond the side of the window to engage the track is thicker on the retrofit part. I am looking to match the retrofit part shown in these pictures.

I tried to obtain these from SLBP, but they said they no longer have any available. They suggested I try this website. Hopefully you can help me!
User submitted photos of a tilt latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
These latches look a lot like our 26-408. Check them out and see if you agree.
Hi Tom,
I agree, they do look very similar. In fact, your 26-408 appears to be a match for the factory-installed ones that I'm looking to replace.

The ones I need have the more blunt tip on the pointy part that engages the track on the side of the window frame. In every other respect I think they're identical to the 26-408.

Is that the closest you can get to it?
Profile picture of Tom
Yes, this appears to be the closest we've been able to find. I'm not sure if the pointed tooth will make much of a difference compared to your blunted tooth, but I've never used one like yours so I can't be sure.
The blunt-tipped tooth is a little thicker in the direction perpendicular to the plane of the glass. This pushes the top of the sash out slightly, allowing it to properly engage with the upper sash when closed. It is a very small difference, probably 1/16" or so, but I know from experience with these windows that it works.

In any case, thank you very much for looking. Any suggestions on where I might find these parts?
Profile picture of Tom
I'm not sure where you can find them in your area, but you can purchase them directly from our site.
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.