Floor Mount Door Guides for Pocket Doors

A home owner from Canada says:
We are having pocket doors installed in our house. The floor mount door guide posts are installed proud of the door frame they are made of nylon and my concern is if they are knocked with a vacuum cleaner etc. they could break. Are these installed correctly should they sticick out like that. Please forward me a photo showing what they should look like.
Much appreciated,
Donna
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hi Donna. I do not have a photo of the 23-210 door guides installed. Can you attach a photo of how they are installed in your home? I may be able to tell you if they are installed correctly from a photo.
A home owner from Canada says:
Thank you for your quick response I have attached four photos of how the floor mount guides have been installed. These pocket doors are installed in the entrance to our Living Room and Library. The way they stick out I'm afraid that they will have a tendency to break when knocked.
Please let me know if these have been installed correctly.
Regards,
Donna
User submitted picture of guide post installation
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hi Donna, you are correct that does not look good; this type of guide is meant to mount to the floor.

Take a look at product code 23-208 pocket door guide to see if this could be installed, check the door thickness and measure the jamb where it would mount to make sure you have room.
A professional from TX says:
This guide is meant for the floor and looks like it was put there on the wall jamb to keep the door from swinging around when closed. An alternative would be to remove those and install a wooden door stop trim on that side to create a shallow slot where the door would slip into when closed. That would be the correct method. YOu would of course still need a door guide at the other side of the opening where the door slides into the wall to keep it from hitting the sides of the slot.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.