Floor Track Needed for Old Late 1800's Sliding Door

A quick learner from Jersey City, NJ says:
Hi,
I moved into an apartment, and I'd like to get the sliding door working. From the pictures, you can see how the door has left marks on the wood floor from trying to use it. The door is pretty heavy and it's very difficult to move it. I think some type of track on the floor would hopefully help make it glide open and closed easier. As you can also see in the picture, there's a tiny little wheel that extends below the bottom of the sliding door. I circled it and I'm pointing at it with my finger in the picture. I have the door propped up almost 3/4" off the floor with the tip of a hammer. I also included a picture of the top of the door where you can see a groove that a tongue on top of the door slides in. It appears this fits fine even when the bottom of the door is about 3/4" off the ground. I put a piece of "flexible" pizza cardboard under the door and ran the wheel along it and it appears the indent in the wheel to run along a track is about 1/2". I have no way to tell the depth of the wheel to accommodate a track though. Any idea what kind of track I could use? Any info and/or pricing you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Chris
User: Door track
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I would not advise installing a bottom track. It could become a trip hazard. Pocket doors are made to ride on a top track and hang. See if you can adjust the top rollers or possibly cut off the bottom of the door to keep it from rubbing on the floor.
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
How to Replace a Sliding Glass Door Track
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.