SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Floor guides for sliding doors

A home owner from USA says:
My doors are 1 5/8 width and need the height to be 1 1/2" , do you have anything that would work or would I have to use a shim?
Thanks
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you sure your doors are 1-5/8" thick? Normally, closest doors are only 1-3/8" thick. Please recheck the thickness of your doors just in case. If they are the normal 1-3/8", I would recommend our 23-200 with the 23-206 riser.
A home owner from Lexington Ky says:
I re measured the width of my sliding closet doors, yep, 1 5/8", home built in the 60's!

Once I removed old stained carpet I found beautiful unfinished oak floors, had never been stained. They are radiant now but the closet doors swing since I lost the height of the carpet.

So it's not only the width of the doors but the height from floor to door.

I will need 1 1/2 inch of height or a shim that will get me there.

Thanks for your response.
Bridget
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I went and pulled from stock our 23-204 guide. I believe if you max out the adjustment you might get what you need for a 1-5/8" thick door. While I can't guarantee it will work, it is the closest option I have for your doors.

As for the riser, you will have to make that out of a piece of wood that is approximately 5-1/2" long, 1" wide, and whatever height it is that you need to achieve. I'm sorry we cannot be of more help on this front.
A home owner from Lexington Ky says:
Thanks Dave for the follow up, sounds like I should give it a try, I'm hoping "tongue depressor" will give me the shim I need.

I know this is a small order but you're the best response I've had in my quest :)

Bridget
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)