Flow Away Steel door pivot pins

A quick learner from Portsmouth says:
I am trying to fine the correct pins for a Flow Away ,steel ,mirrored ,bi fold closet door. The doors have two different

types of pin holders. Most of the doors that work have white plastic bushings at the top an bottom of the steel door with some kind of black plastic for adjusting. These seem fine. The ones that are giving us trouble are 5 1/2" long an pin size should fit in a 1/4" pin holder, they seem to be mounted in the door with a black plastic adjusting bracket that appears to be forced into

The top an bottom holes of the steel door brackets. I am attaching a picture for you of this pin.

I would like to know if the 51/2" pin is for a Flow Away door.
steel door pivot
A quick learner from Portsmouth says:
I am attaching pictures I took today of three of the doors of course the ones without pins are the ones in need of repair. They look like an assembly of different type of pins Used in past repairs. I would like to use original equipment if possible. Also took pictures of the track. an adjustment clips. Hope thiswillhelp in evaluating the ones needed.
User submitted photos of closet hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For your threaded Floataway guide pin with nylon cap, I recommend our 21-033 as a replacement. See what you think.
A quick learner says:
Paul

Thanks for all your help. I have placed an order on the parts you suggested. Will I need any additional parts to mount to the doors, also does Swiss offer instruction on proper installation or any installation video's. Thanking you again for your time an efforts on my behalf.

William
Profile picture of Paul
You shouldn't need any other parts, the pins come complete. We have a media guide on generic bi-fold doors that may help, which you can see below. The main concern on bi-fold installation is after your replace the pins and set the door back in the tracks, you need to make sure you adjust the bottom threaded adjusting pin first to square up the door, then go to the top pivot pin and then adjust the other guide pins.
A quick learner from Portsmouth, Va. says:
Paul;

Thanks again your replay and the attached video took a load off my mind.

William

I will drop you a note advising how the job went upon completion. Many, Many thanks.
Profile picture of Paul
Happy to help, William. Let me know how it goes!
A quick learner from Portsmouth va. says:
Paul

Sorry to say Paul I have not been able to install any of the pins you sent. All the granments are bushings are to large for the holes for them to enter. The bishing I removed from the doors ole ones are to small for your pins to go in. I sure would appreciate a call at 757816 8253.

William

A quick learner from Portsmouth, Va. says:
Paul

Could not get any of the parts to work on the two doors I am trying to repair. Would you please issue what ever authorization I need to return. The two doors thT I am attempting to repair are different. I have sent new pictures titled door one and door two: door one has 5/16" square at the bottom & top of the pin bracket above the squares are two 7/16" round holes. The black plastic pin holder is also shown in posture one. These holders also have the threads for adjusting up one down.

Picture # two has two different size holes for mounting the pins the first hole is 5/16 "an the other one beside it is 11/32" both top an bottom has the same size holes. All the plun adjustments bars are 1/4" except. I am not sure if these are original equipment or not. The three pins that are mounted are in the 11/32" holes. Can we find something that works in these holes.
User submitted image of their closet hardware.
A quick learner from Portsmouth, VA says:
I received the second order today and they will work fine on door number 1 (in the pictures I sent you labeled One and Two. Now I need top and bottom guide pins for door number two the one with round holes. The other pins have no way to attach since they are designed for the square holed door number 1. If I could get the bushings that hold the pins in, that fit these two holes One hole is 5/16' an one in 11/32". I will call you tomorrow an see what we can work out if the door number two pins are available an will fit through these holes to hold the springs and pins in place. I will need a dozen of each size, an a top and bottom guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Door #2 is not a Float-A-Way door but an old Leigh door. The bottom pivot bracket look like our Leigh 21-205. The top and bottom guide pins with nylon guides would be the 21-050. To install these, you would need to remove the tracks and slide the nylon guide on the runners. Then snap in the pins when you install the doors on the tracks. It is very difficult. They did have have a newer guide pin, 21-054, which slides on top of the track. This might work for you. The pins are 1/4" thick and come with a 21-150 nylinder. These reduce the 5/16" hole to 1/4". You might need extra 21-250.
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.