SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Flush Kinco handleset

A handy person from Tampa, FL says:
HI

I am looking for a replacement black flush handset for my Kinco sliding glass door. I have attached a photo. Where can I find these parts. Looks like the part itself is 7.5" from top to bottom. Not sure if to measure from screw to screw from the center of the screw or the top of the screw.

Any help would be appreciated.
User submitted photos of patio door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at our 82-002 handle set. It's mounting hole centers are 6-5/8". Compare it to your hardware to see how well they line up. You might also want to get an interior pull handle to go with it, so take a look at our 88-001 or 88-002 to give you an idea on how they look.
A quick learner from Tampa, FL says:
Hi, and thanks for this. Before I purchase these I have a couple of questions:

1. the part you recommend is different than the current part on the door. Is that going to be an issue with fit or are the differences ok?

2. would i need to replace the part where the latch enters, located on the side and pictured above in the second picture given the pieces are different?

3. in regard to the handle, does it screw on to the same screws on the flush 820002?

Thanks
Richard
Profile picture of Dave
The 82-002 appears similar, though I am not sure if the dimensions are the same. How exactly does it differ from yours? Make sure to check to see if the latching hook is in the same location as the one you have, especially.

The keeper you show should work with our 82-002 latch. As for the screws, if you find that the ones that come with the 82-002 are too short, then the 88-001 comes with its own screws that should allow it to install correctly.
A quick learner from Tampa, FL says:
Hi

In response to your question, the frame dimension seem similar but yours has the horizontal knob to open and close in the upper part of the frame and mine, if you look at the picture is toward the bottom. In addition, it looks like yours has another knob/lock mechanism at the bottom which mine doesn't have. Will it still work?
Profile picture of Dave
I don't think those features will affect much other than how the handle is locked and unlocked. What's important is that the location of the latching hook is in the same location and that the installation hole spacing is the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)