Fold-away crank trim

A home owner from Centennial, CO says:
How do I get my trim piece to properly seat into the fitting on my Pella casement window? Your illustration above shows a screw hole. My plastic trim does not have a hole for a set screw, and the fork is not grabbing the catch inside the fitting. Ideas? Thanks, Jordan
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jordon. Unfortunately, we do see this from time to time. The 39-404 is meant to work on most Pella windows and Pella window operators, but it seems a certain few windows have a wooden trim that is not compatible. I'm not sure why they would design the window this way. The only solution we can think of would be to cut away some of the wood trim to fir the 39-404 cover, but I'm not sure if that will solve the issue. You may want to get in touch with a local contractor to help do it for you, or even a local Pella representative.
A home owner from Centennial, CO says:
Hi Dave. Thanks for your suggestion. I have the same unit on the right side of my double casement window which attached correctly. So it must be the wood trim that is preventing the cover from seating correctly. I will try to remove the right cover and mirror the cutout in the wood for a better fit.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
That sounds like the best way to go. I'm sorry we couldn't offer an easier solution, but hopefully that works out for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.