Did I just order the correct balance?

A home owner from Indiana says:
This is in regards to the above order. Just want to make sure I am ordering the correct parts. 28 3 Caldwell LL is stamped on the metal. It measures from metal to metal at 29". The metal is beveled at the edges. The window weighs approx. 20 lbs. Happy to answer any other questions. Thank you.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
I think I found a mistake. Please place this order on hold until we can figure out the correct part. The outside is 1/2" the inside is 5/8". It looks to be either Series 351 or maybe 390.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! Thank you for contacting us. No, I don't believe that's the S800-29 like you just ordered. We have put it on hold for you.

I agree in that it looks like either our Series 351 or Series 390 channel balances, but I can't tell which one based on these images. Which is closer? The key factor is the bottom shoe, so look at our 15-001 and 15-002 and see which dimensions better match your own bottom shoe.
The bottom shoe measures 1 1/8" making it 15-001. I need series 390. Final questions. It measures 29" metal to metal but is stamped with "28 3 CALDWELL LL". Do I need 28" or 29"? Also the windows weighs 20 lbs. I took it out and weighed on a scale. What weight option do I need? Does the 3 in "28 3 CALDWELL LL" indicated the weight option? Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom
Usually balances like this have a stamp one digit below the length, so 28 3 makes sense in this case. For another example, a 23" balance would have a stamp like 22 4, or maybe a 15" balance would have a stamp of 14 5. See what I mean?

Is 20 pounds the exact weight? The reason I ask is, two S390-28 balances with the 2730 option can carry a window sash weight of 13 through 19 pounds. Double check just to make sure. If it is 20 pounds, or even more, then it would be best to go with the 2740 option. You can see the list of options and what weight they can support on the S390-28's page.
I apologize the exact weight is 18.9 lbs so the 2730 is what I need. I'm still a little confused if I need 28" or 29". If you look at the picture in the 1st post the metal to metal measurement is 29", but you are saying the stamp indicates 28"? After we figure out the length, how do I go about changing my order to the correct product since it is on hold? Thank you for all of your help.
Profile picture of Tom
No, a stamp of 28 3 indicates a 29" long metal channel. Usually, stamps have two numbers. The first one is often one digit less than the length. A 29" balance would have 28 3, like yours. A 23" balance would have 22 4, and a 15" balance would have 14 5, just to name two random examples. This isn't always the case, but for this type of balance that's the rule of thumb.

To change your order, you can simply request that your current one be cancelled, and then place a new order.
Perfect. Thank you so much for all of your help!
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.