SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Forever Door serial number 1469797

A home owner from Feeding Hills MA says:
I am looking to replace the inside latch on a white forever door. If I am on the inside of the door the latch/ handle is to my left.
I have attached pictures of the door that needs to be fixed and picture of a latch to an identical door that is just on the right.

User submitted photos of storm door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The lock you have is discontinued. What I have done in the past was to use our 40-145 along with a few 40-179 shims. It seems to work pretty well in my experience. Take a look and see what you think.
A home owner from Mineola says:
I have this same door which opens outward from right to left. I want to replace the entire lock and latch assembly with your Product Code: 40-177. Can the lever handle accommodate the swing direction and will the screw and plate spacing be correct. Also, does the product ship with all required hardware?

Thank You
Phil C
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have used the 40-177 along with 40-179 shim in the past as a replacement. All the hole centers will line up and you can adjust the outside lever handle to swing either left or right. But don't forget to purchase a few of the 40-179 shims. I found that it helps in lining up the inside part of the lock with the keeper.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)