SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Forever view serial # A-1639213

A quick learner from Columbus, OH says:
The spring broke on our storm door and I want to buy a replacement part. I'm not sure if I need just the inside handle or the whole replacement kit. Note my storm door has a brass handle on the outside (not a knob). Please advise. Thank you.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Can you please send pictures of your part with measurements? Pictures will help us identify your handle set.
A quick learner from Columbus, OH says:
Here are the pictures of our Forever View screen door. The spring broke so the handles sag. The measurements are as follows:
inside handle- 3.5 in
outside handle- 4.25 in
screen door width- 2 in
Please let me know if you need any other information.
Thank you for your help,
Lauren M.
Customer image of their forever view handle.
A quick learner from Columbus OH says:
I have not heard back from you and wanted to see if you made progress is trying to find the right replacement parts for my screen door? thank you!
Profile picture of Dave
Looks like you only need the inside part 40-150. Your inside handle spring is worn.
A quick learner from Pine Hill, NJ says:
I have the same handle I need to replace the whole handle what style will fit please respond ASAP. I have searched Lowes, Home Depot, and door and screen door dealerships and no one has this handle. Please help.
Profile picture of Dave
Looks like all you need is the inside handle 40-150. If you are looking to replace the complete lock set, possibly our 40-160 may work.
A quick learner from philadelphia, Pa. says:
have you ewver heard if the 40-160 worked? I have the same situation going on with my door and it appears that the entire thing needs replacement on two screen doors.
Profile picture of Dave
We have received news that these handles work well. If your still not sure the 40-160 is right for you, you can look at this discussion on the 40-160 dimensions to see if your doors handles meet those sizes and our discussion on 40-160 installation tips and our installation guide:
A handy person from New Brunswick NJ says:
the 40-150 worked perfect. The only thing I needed longer mounting screws because the housing was different ( square as apposed to Columbus OH's pic ).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)