Framed shower door sweep replacement

A handy person from Maryland says:
I've got one of those builder installed framed (chrome) shower doors and am in need of a replacement. I saw the 24 inch which seems like it would work but when I measure my existing door it appears to be 26 inches from edge of door near hinge side to the end of the door just before the magnet. Obviously, I need to leave room for the door to swing out.
I had actually tried using one of those plastic types normally meant for framLESS doors and it has worked fine until recently as I think it's just worn our and the smaller plastic rubber seals are "done". So I wanted to go back to the metal type that I can secure with screws as was done with the original builder part.

Given that the measurement seems to be a couple inches longer than your stock part should I order a 30 inch and cut it? I just want to make sure I don't order something that should NOT be cut. Once cut sometimes parts simply don't fit well.

Thanks for any input.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recommend looking at our 10-325 30" shower door sweep with a drip rail and then to simply cut it down. I recommend using a hack saw with fine teeth to cut the metal drip rail, and scissors for the rubber sweep.
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
SWISCO Shower Drip Rail with Sweep
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.