SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

French door Weatherstrip and Threshold

A handy person from Bethany, CT says:
I have attached a picture and drawing for the weatherstrip between the doors and the thresholds on both doors (same). The thresholds are ~ 2 ft. long, the weatherstrip ~ 80". When it was installed in 1986, we were told it was to be a Peachtree, but can find not marking on the insulated glass or door.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please see our 58-176 bottom sweep and 58-008 magnetic seal kit and let me know if these can work for you.
A handy person from Bethany says:
Hi Tom

58-176 might work, but I would prefer the double bulb style that staples on like the original.

The 58-008 kit has what it calls the hinge side weatherstrip that is similar to the original for between the two French doors and might work. But, the magnetic header and strike side insulation would not work on these wood doors.

Thanks for the reply

Jim
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jim. Maybe I can help. Our 58-174 has the bubble. I'm thinking you could cut off the two installation legs and either staple or nail it onto the bottom of your door.

For the sides and top weather stripping, I agree that the hinge side portion of the 58-008 looks ideal, but you could also consider our 58-056 or the nail-on 58-169.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)