SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

French door weatherstripping part 1 more photos in part 2

A quick learner from Fairport NY says:
This is a french door 79" high by 61" wide. The current weatherstrip is pushed into an 1/8 inch slot but is not kerfed, it has a 1/2 inch flat edge (see in photo) which is stapled in place, it may have had adhesive at one time. The bulb is approximately 1/2" wide by 3/4" thick, so with the 1/2" flange it measures 1 1/4' wide. The first 3 photos show the frame weather stripping.

The next photo shows the threshold- How is that weatherstrip replaced?

Next is the weatherstrip on the stationary door. Stationary door 1.jpg shows the bulb weatherstrip which is slid into a 1/2" slot. Photo stationary door 2.jpg shows the top view of the door, there is a rigid plastic strip which fits along the door edge. There are supposed to be one (or two?) sweeps on it. It is 1.5" wide and 1/2" thick (stationary door 3.jpg) the V is also 1/2" wide. This runs the full height of the door (79").

Finally there is a sweep piece attached to the stationary door between the upper and lower door bolts (67" long). Stationary door 4.jpg shows the 3/4" wide sweep piece.

I also have two pease metal doors which the bottom threshold needs replaced the vanes are all ripping off after this bad winter. The sweep is shown in pease sweep.jpg
User submitted photos of French door weatherstripping.
A quick learner from Fairport, NY says:
Here are the rest of the photos and the pease door sweep photo
User submitted photos of French door hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Looking at all of your photos, I have to say that you have a job on your hands. We don't have exactly what you need, but here are some suggestions that might solve your problem.

That vinyl strip on the threshold cannot be replaced, I believe. What I would suggest is that if it's bad try using a silicone type caulk to fill in the gap. On the door sweeps, the only part I can suggest to you is our 58-176. On that French door weather stripping see if our 58-050 could work for you. On the door framing themselves Look at our 58-056, 58-169 and 58-180. These are all foam filled stripping, not magnetic. I was told in tests that the foam filled is just as good, if not better than, the magnetic. This is the type of weather stripping that is used on the newer fiberglass doors. We do have 58-008 magnetic stripping for a single door. Let me know if these suggestions look good to you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)