Fullview storm door

A home owner from Nebraska says:
In 1995 I built my home and installed a Fullview storm door on the front, It has an interchangeable screen or glass insert. About every 3 or 4 years I need to work on the screen and I am beginning to think there has to be a better way. I dug out my invoice to determine the brand of door. I purchased at Payless Cashways which is no longer in business. On the 8 thumbscrew tabs that hold the screen or glass in place, it says EMCO but all the invoice says is FV-36WH Fullview white. There is a very weathered sticker on the hinge edge that says The Forever View EMCO. Now to my question....replacing the screen, I have a flat rubber piece that measures about .080" x .330" that does absolutely a terrible job of holding the screen in the channel, works good till someone pushes on screen then its all over. The channel measures about .120" deep x .340" wide and has a slight undercut on each side, the outside maybe .030", and inside maybe .062", I hope you can see in pictures. Was thinking about the 55-109 spline...Your thought.
A user submited photo of storm door weatherstripping
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Yes, I think that our 55-109 screen spline would be a good idea for this application. Please be sure to take a look at our tutorial video on how to install this spline.
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
How to rescreen a Forever Storm Door insert
VIDEO
WATCH >
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
Close-up of 55-109 Screen Spline Install
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.