SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Fwd: Porch Window Pix

A quick learner from Plum Island, MA says:
We could use your help in selecting hardware for securing storm panels on our porch. The storm panels are made of glass with a standard aluminum frame around them that measures 7/8" wide x 5/16" deep. The storm panels measure 30" x 44". They will fit inside the wooden framed pocket that is 1 1/2" deep and will press up against the azek trim that measures 3/4" x 1 1/2".

I've looked on your web site and tentatively selected the 62-022 Threaded Rivnut for the side of the wood frame. What clip and parts do you suggest using to secure the storm panel?

We live on Plum Island, MA where the wind gusts can exceed 60 MPH and it is a salt rich environment. I install stainless hardware when possible.

Thank your help with this project.

John
User submitted photo of their window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, John. I would suggest using something like our 70-145 white aluminum angle with a 62-022 rivnut and 8-32 X 3/8" or 1/2" truss head stainless steel screw. You would need to drill out the holes to be a little bit larger on the 70-145 to accommodate the 8-32 screw. What do you think?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)