SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

G-U Replacement Window Operator

A home owner from New Jersey says:
I am looking for a replacement operator for a vinyl basement awning window. The arm is approx. 12" long and opens from left to right. At the end of the arm is a nylon wheel about 1/2" in diameter. It is a surface mount unit held to the window with 2 screws that are approx. 3 1/8" inches apart on center. It is for a vinyl window that is about 10 years old and is white in color. The unit is stamped with G-U but searches on the internet have not turned up any replacement parts. Is there anything close that can be used instead. Thanks
User submitted photo of their G-U window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos.

Unfortunately, in our attempt to locate a replacement we have discovered this operator to be discontinued and no longer available. It is possible that you could use the Swisco 39-013 Window Crank as a replacement, however this would require you to replace the entire track. We're also not certain whether it would fit on the window sash.
A home owner from Ocean Pines, Maryland says:
I am scheduled to close on a home this Friday in Ocean City, Maryland.
One of the items on the inspection report was that four window closers are bent. The current owner does not know who manufactured the windows and is telling me they cannot find replacement parts.

The sent the above images to me and when I zoom in I see what looks like a G U with a chevron. Is this a G-U component and do you have it, or a compatable replacement, available? If so, what is the price per unit?

Thank you!
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I've placed you into an existing thread concerning this operator. As you can see, it has been discontinued and is no longer available. As Dave said, the only possible substitute we have is our 39-013, but we are not sure if it will work.
A home owner from Illinois says:
I found an exact picture of the operator I need on allaboutdoors.com except I need a right hand unit. This site states that the part number is: 559999 for a LH operator. I need a replacement unit. The mounting holes are 3 1/8 inches apart and the arm measures 10 inches long and the roller on the end of the arm is 9/16 inches in diameter.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've placed you into an existing discussion regarding this very same operator. Unfortunately, this operator is discontinued and the closest possible match is our 39-013. We don't know if it will work or not, but check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)