SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Gapco Window Balancers

A quick learner from USA says:
I am wanting to make sure I get the right style of window balancers for my Gapco Windows. They were built around 1985-86 and except 2 with broken balancers are in good shape so wanting to get a few more years out of them. Attached are images of each end of the balancers. I need 2 that are 25" and are stamped with 2440, the other two are 29" and stamped with 2830. Both are 1/2" channel.

I also attached an image of one of the top sash guides/stops (at least I think that is what it is). I would like to get two of these as well. Or at least one that would work
User submitted photos of a window balance.
A quick learner from USA says:
One more photo attached
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Based on your pictures, I recommend looking at our Series 351 channel balance. This looks to be a good match. This comes with the 19-005 and 15-002 shoes pre-attached, so you may want to make sure these are the same as what your balances have now. For the top sash guide, see our 18-157.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)