SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Gapco window bead

A quick learner from Mason , OH says:
I just ordered some of your 55-161 snap in glazing bead for Gapco windows. The top edge at 3/8" is too large. It seems to be slightly larger than our existing (and mostly broken) beads. Is there a version in which the top edge is less than 3/8"? Is there any other product you have that would fit?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We don't have the 55-161 in other sizes, but I'd be happy to research an alternative solution. Is it possible for you to send us a photo of the cross section of your original snap in? That would be a huge help. Can you also give me more precise measurements? You mention that it's less than 3/8", but I need to know the exact dimension.
A quick learner says:
I can't pull out the original. It's too brittle. It just comes out in little bits and pieces, no way to get a cross section.

If it is helpful, I can do precise measurements of the issue and will do so later.

It is inly the top portion of the beading that appears to be 1/4", but will measure more precisely later.

Thank you for your help.
A quick learner says:
So I got a couple of pictures. The top edge of the beading we have is 1/4"
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional information! We have found something that we think may match and are working on bringing it in. I will let you know as soon as it arrives.
A quick learner from Mason says:
Thank you so much for your help.

We have maybe 12 windows, top and bottom, that will need this. Glass and rest in great shape. Just the beading.

Have a good one!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, please see our new 55-198 and 55-198-6, if you wanted 6' lengths. This glazing may be the replacement you need.
A quick learner says:
I think that's it. Thank you so much.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our pleasure! Let us know if you need anything else.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)