General Care for double hund non-tilt windows

A quick learner from Monument, CO says:
is there anything I can do to maintain my windows to prevent the window from sliding unequally on each side and jamming in the sash?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
For non-tilt windows, the first thing you can try is applying silicone spray to the track. We like this more than oil as a lubricant because it doesn't attract debris. If that doesn't work, and if there is a lot of sideways play with the sash, you might want to install a face guide (like our 67-002, for example) to keep it steady.
A quick learner from Monument says:
do you have installation instructions for the face guide 67-002 ?
Profile picture of Paul
We don't have an official guide, but I would be happy to explain myself. Put two 67-002 face guides on each side of the sash, about three inches from top and bottom. You want to take the flat wing of the 67-002 and place it between the sash and the window frame. Push into the window frame so that it's just barely touching (so it doesn't jam up when you raise and lower sash) and drill a 7/32" hole. Then, screw the guide into the sash with a #6 x 1/2" flat head screw. Repeat the process with the other three.
A quick learner from Monument says:
I think I understand the applicastion now. Thanks for the dtails.

Will this help prevent my window from going up more on one side than the other and jamming that way?
Profile picture of Paul
It will prevent the sash from slipping further in on one side and jamming.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.