SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Glide/Slide Hardware Recommendation

A handy person from Charleston, SC says:
Hi,
I am building a storage cabinet and I came across an idea online that I would like to incorporate into my project. It is a drawer slide mounted vertically in a closet, allowing jewelry to hang from it. It appears to be pull-out divider panels mounted 90
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. This is a GREAT idea! I think we found a drawer track system that could work for you, however it is normally side-mounted. I can't vouch for how well it works on a vertical set up like what you have planned, but it may just do the trick.

Before I can bring anything in for you, can you just confirm what size track you need? I can bring in the following lengths: 10", 12", 14", 16", 18", 20", 22", and 24". Let me know!
A handy person from Charleston, SC says:
Sure! The inner cabinet depth is 20"; so maybe an 18" track? I have not fabricated the panels as of yet, so I can still adjust the size as needed. It would not bother me if there was an inch or two gap depth-wise, just so long as they did not extend out past the face frame when fully retracted. I had thought I might first try a center-mount type track, but then quickly realized I would be limited to only a 3/4 extension(I think) and I would prefer a full extension if at all possible...I hope that make sense; and I am happy to provide any other info you may need. Thank you so much for the help & quick response.
Profile picture of Donna
Great. I will order the 18" long track right away and will let you know as soon as they're available. They will have a full extension of travel.
Profile picture of Donna
Thank you again for your patience. Please see our new 32-204 Low Profile Full Extension Drawer Slide pair and let me know if you could adapt these for your project! If you are successful, I'd love to see some pictures of the final result so we know how it went. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)