SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Guardian Screen Door Latch

A home owner from USA says:
I have a sliding screen door with the latches missing. I believe it is a Guardian door because the glass door has Guardian glass.

I have attached a picture of the door and would appreciate your suggestions on the replacement latch.
User submitted a photo of screen door hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Our 83-126 seems like it could possibly fit in your door cut out. Review its dimensions and let me know if you agree.
A home owner from Arcadia, CA says:

Thanks for the reply. I believe you are correct, but I have a follow-up question. Since one one screen door latches to the other screen door, will one 83-126 latch into another 83-126?

Thanks Again,

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see what you mean. I'm afraid they don't make a dummy version of the 83-126 door latch. You would need to remove the inner lock from one of them, though they still wouldn't be able to latch together. Is there a separate keeper on the dummy side, or is the keeper built into the handle?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)