Guide for a door slightly thicker than 1-3/8" in places

A home owner from virginia beach says:
I could not find a contact us category which was for a question. They are all so specific... so I'm just going to borrow this one. ok,

can you tell me if this door guide is made from sturdy plastic or does it bend? Product Code: 23-204

my carpet installers installed door guides which i had purchased and they are falling apart after opening the door one time! If Product Code: 23-204 is flimsy, can you recommened one which is not?

Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We have not had any complaints about our 23-204 but if used incorrectly it would probably break. We have a few different size floor guides in our closet door section. Make sure you choose the one that fits the thickness your closet door correctly.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Here's my situation. The carpet is down. There is a piece of wood under the carpet in the center for attaching the guides. I do believe the doors are 1 3/8" wide, however, there are some "dings" at the bottom of some doors which has caused them to be thicker in those spots. I can easily trim off the thicker portion on the backs, but would not want to do that on the front "dings" because the "repair" would look worse than the "ding".

From what I've seen, 1 3/8" seems to be the max thickness. And maybe trimming the back "dings" would be enough. Sliding the door on the guide at the front "dings" would just cause a little resistance.

Your thoughts?

Back to 23-204 - is the plastic sturdy or bendable?

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
The 23-204 is not going to last if it constantly is being hit with the dings in your door. What about about the 23-209? This guide is a little larger.
That one looks sturdy, however it would have to be installed at the 1 3/4" size and that would allow way too much play.

Do you have something that is sturdy and expandable beyond 1 3/8"?
Profile picture of Tom

No, I am sorry. The 23-209 is our largest floor guide. The next largest size is the 1-3/8" which is the size of a few of our floor guides.

You may be able to cheat with the 23-204 but it is not recommended to use it with a door thicker than 1-3/8"Here are two pictures I took to help you get a better understanding of the 23-204. The first picture shows the 23-204 extended to its recommended maximum of 1-3/8" The second picture shows the 23-204 over extended to 1-1/2"

Alternative image of the 23-204
Alternative image of the 23-204

alternate view of the 23-204 showing the guide extended
alternate view of the 23-204 showing the guide extended

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.