Guides and rollers

A handy person from Arizona says:
Please see the attached pictures of my window aluminum guide runner (measures 1/8")and nylon roller assembly with metal wheels.

Will your guide runner (your part #87-206) work with my current windows of this have nylon roller assembly with metal rollers (looks like your part #87-175).

Or do I need to find a nylon roller assembly with nylon wheels to work with your guide runner (your part #87-206)?

Would appreciate your recommendations.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The 87-206 is going to be tight going over a 1/8" wide track, but I believe it will still work with your metal roller.
A handy person from Mesa, AZ says:
Paul, I did purchase a 10' length of your part # 87-206 roller guide. It did work with my existing windows rollers (your style roller, part # 87-175 roller)

The 87-206 is a very durable guide, will last a very long time.

You were correct, it was tough getting the guide to lave over the existing 1/8" aluminum window guide.

So what I have to do is us a Dremmel tool to grind off the corners on the existing 1/8" window track, just enough to take off the sharp edge / corners.

It make it a lot easier when I put the 87-206 guide in very warm water for about 10 minutes, then tapped the new guide into place over the existing worn window guide.

The window actually slides easier than when it was new.

Thanks again... RC Mesa, AZ
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.