SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Guy Reed Door

A handy person from Lynchburg Va says:
To Tim
Tim thanks for talking to me the other day. I do not believe I ordered the 1 3/8 door hardware instead of the 1 5/8. My mistake.
Order number 809658.

Ordered part # 82-034.

Right part is 82-075 Brass. (confirm this)

This will fix the external lock issue. Shaft not long enough. My other main problem is the indoor plate with the indoor flipper lock. See pictures.
The left hand of two picture device is the old handle and plate. The right hand hand is the new one. Looking at the letter A in the new one is were the locking device needs to be.
The two picture show flipping the plate around with the handle in the same position.
I wonder if the 82-075 will be different to match the holes in my door.

If you think 82-075 will fix this can I order the new one paying for it and use the packaging for parts of the 82-034 and return it for credit. I have the shipping box only left.

User submitted image of their door hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. I don't believe the 82-075 will work. Your original thumb lever is centered, while both the 82-075 and 82-034 have an offset thumb turn.

Unfortunately, we don't have a handle set in this style with a centered thumb lever. You may want to consider our 82-069, instead. This thumb lever can be adjusted to fit any position. It also has the same hole spacing as the two Legacy handle sets. If you also need a key cylinder, you can install the 82-310 in the 82-069.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)