SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

HANDLE CONTROLLED LATCH

A quick learner from NJ says:
Is the face of subject latch (40-049) curved where it interfaces with the striker plate?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The latch is more slanted than curved, whereas the door can lock without having to turn the handle.
A quick learner from Columbus, OH says:
I have a storm door that opens "in". It is in a sunroom where steps block a door opening to the outside. All the hardware that I see is for storm door that opens out. What should I be looking for?

Ed R.
Columbus, OH
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi Ed,
Take a look at SWISCO product code 40-028, In-Swinging Door Handle Set.
A quick learner from Columbus, OH says:
Is there a more detail instruction on how the keeper (40-028) is installed?

Is this latch my only option?

Ed
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
The 40-028 is the only lock we carry for In-swinging storm doors. Instructions are included with this product.
A contractor from Columbia, SC says:
How do you attach keeper for in-swing french (double) doors?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure how your doors are set up. However, to install the in-swing keeper, your inactive door should be flush with the active door. If the doors are flush with each other, then you just have to line up the keeper with the locking handle. Don't forget you will have to reverse the center astragal (allows the doors to swing out).
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)