SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

HD15 and HD17 Balance and Pivot Shoes

A handy person from Maryland says:
I have an 18" ribbed balance marked HD17 and a 16" ribbed balance marked HD15 as well as several pivot shoes that I need to replace to fix my tilt windows. The balances are 9/16" wide by 5/8" high. The pivot shoes are 15/16" wide by 2" high by 1/2" thick. Do you have replacements that will work for my windows?
A customer submitted photo of a window channel balance.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting.

Both of the balances you requested will have to be custom orders, which will require you to fill out two forms.

Please refer to the Custom Balance Order Form for the 18" Balance, and then the Custom Balance Order Form for the 16" Balance.
A handy person from Maryland says:
I already ordered 4 of the the 15-173 but they are too thick. Even though they are listed as 1/2" thick they are actually 9/16" thick. I spoke to someone in your company who measured it and confirmed the measurement. So I still don't have a pivot shoe that will fit.

What is the price of a special order S750 with the 15-043 and the HD option?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
After you fill out the above forms, one of our representatives will be in contact with you regarding these custom balances.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)