SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

A contractor from DUNDEE,IL says:

I have a service call on replacing 43 insulated glass panels on some Hurd aluminum clad double hung wood windows. I believe they are the pre 2004 jambliners, no tilt latch on sash.

What I need are the friction shoes, that's your # 15-014. Those I just ordered from you.

What I also need are some of the individual flocked springs that reside in the jambliners.

4- 36" springs for a 32 x 36 (glass size) lower orial sash.
12- 24" springs for a 32 x 24 ( glass size) upper orial sash.

Any thoughts?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. With that shoe, you might have our Series 751 channel balance. Do you think there is anything in this Series that would work for you? If you aren't sure, please upload a few pictures of your current balances and we can decide then. I would also need the length of the metal channel in inches, as well as the number stamped on its surface. Please let me know.

Please be sure to see our video tutorial on how to install a Series 751 balance.

A contractor from DUNDEE,IL says:
I posted the wrong part number of the friction
shoes I ordered.
I have # 15-104 on order, not 15-014. My typo.
I attached some photos of a jambliner setup similar to the Hurd parts I need.
I'm looking for a source of the extension springs only. The vinly jambliners ore OK, the new shoes will work.
Any thoughts appreciated.
A customer submitted photo of a window spring.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Oh, I see. I apologize for the confusion. Unfortunately, we do not have this type of spring at this time. I would recommend contacting a local contractor who is familiar with the houses in the area, they might have a better idea of what you need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)