SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

HURD Screen Door handle

A handy person from USA says:
Attached are 5 photos. One of the inside and outside of the handle ,latch, catch and full outside The screen door is a Hurd door.

Jay
User submitted photos of a screen door latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jay, and for the great images! Before I can go any further, can you tell me the distance between the screw hole centers? I can't quite make them out based on these images. It looks like it's a little less than 3", but I'd to know what it is exactly.
A home owner says:
Will measure that distance later this afternoon and get back to you.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Let me know.
A home owner says:
2 and 9/16 inch
User submitted a photo of a screen door latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Thank you. I'm not sure if we have an exact match, but you might want to look at our 83-009 Screen Door Latch & Pull. This has 2-5/8" hole centers. What do you think? Could this work? You might want to double check your measurement just in case.
A home owner says:
just double checked and yes 2- 5/8 will work. But just want to make sure the 83-009 has a latch on the other side and that it does not look like what I have now.

Thanks

can you provide a photo of the other side of the 83-009??
Profile picture of Tom
Certainly. Take a look at the image below. What do you think?
View of the outside handle of 83-009
A quick learner says:
So by the looks of that photo you posted at 0945 hrs, you can only open the screen door with the 83-009 from one side. The other side is just a pull like what I currently have.
Profile picture of Tom
That is correct. I don't believe they make this kind of screen door handle that can lock from both sides.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)