Handle Depth

A quick learner says:
Do you carry a more shallow handle? Sometime similar to 40-101 one but instead of 1-7/16" depth something like 1-1/4" depth?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
By adjusting the set screws in the 40-101 handle pair you should be able to go down to a 1-1/4" thick door. Just make sure that the spindle is the same size as then one you need to replace. The spindle on the 40-101 is 5/16" square.
A quick learner says:
Thanks for the feedback! The spindle size of 5/16" is perfect for my existing door.

However, I think I may have asked the wrong question...
Notice in the image I've attached to this post that the handle sticks out from the door 1-7/16 inches. Is this the length adjustable? I'm not sure I understand, but it looks solid.

The reason I ask is because my current storm door handle is similar, but it ends up hitting the deadbolt in my front door. Because of this... I cannot close both the storm door and the front door at the same time. If there is handle that only sticks about 1-1/4 inches, then I think I could keep both closed without any collisions. Do you carry any handles that could do the trick?

Thanks For Your Time,
-Gene
User submitted a photo of door handles.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying. When we did storm door installations in the past, we would actually run into the same problem you are describing sometimes. You will need to "pack out" the storm door with some wood trim to give you the clearance between doors.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
How to install the Swisco 40-049 Mortise lock set.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
How to flip a storm door mortise latch.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.