Handle ID

A home owner from Gratiot Wisconsin says:
I'm thinking your 39-274 might be correct to replace my 5/16 spline Semco window crank handle. My handle shows the number 40095 on the underside and Semco on the top side. There are 11 or 12 ridges in the spline hole. Can you help? Do not have a clue as to who the window manufacturer is nor where to look on the window body. Will try to identify that if you make suggestions where to look. The set screw appears to have broken off thus the slippage and beginning wear. Help...standing by and thank you a million!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We may be able to help, but without more information we will need to see a couple pictures of the operator itself. That will give us some clues as to who made it and what can replace your handle. If you can, please remove the operator from the window before you take your pictures so that we can see the whole mechanism.
A quick learner from gratiot wi says:
If number of teeth/ridges and id and od on the spline hole is the same as your 39-274 and all I need is a replacement handle then why would I care who made the operator nor desire to remove wood casing on window and cap to look at internal gears. The operator is working fine. I just want a crank that measures 3 1/2 inches in overall length and your 39-274 appears to be that length. Most that sell for 5.00 from your competition are 4 1/2 overall length. You are working too hard!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I apologize for the confusion. You asked if there was a way to identify the manufacturer, and showing us pictures of the operator is the fastest way we can identify what you have. That said, the 39-274 is approximately 3" long. Keep in mind that it is only meant to work with the 39-020 and 39-021 operators. If you do not have these, then it may be a good idea to show us what you do have. That would let us know for sure if the 39-274 will work for you or not. Without seeing your operators, all I can do is guess.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install a wood casement window crank
How to install a wood casement window crank
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.