SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Handle Replacement match

A quick learner from Derry, NH says:
I have an older patio door that needs a new handle/lock assembly. The replacements at home improvement stores require a large opening on both sides to fit the handle. This door just has 3 holes: 2 for mounting and 1 for the lock. Would this handle be a good replcement?
User submitted photo of their sliding door handle installation holes.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It looks like you have a vinyl patio door. Start by taking a look at the Swisco 82-034 Legacy Handle Set and the 82-035 Handle Set. Also, look at the mortise type locks, such as the 82-218 Mortise Lock. Be sure to compare the hole sizes of our hardware to yours.
A quick learner from derry nh says:
I received the info on handle and lock replacement. But I'm wondering......the handles are fine, but the lock and the inside locking tab are broken. Is it possible I can just replace those 2 broken items and keep the existing handles?

Thanks again
User submitted photo of their inside locking tab.
Profile picture of Dave
It's possible, but you will have to remove them from the door and upload photos of the hardware so we can properly ID them. I can't quite make out what you need with the photo shown.
A quick learner from derry, nh says:
here are other pictures of the door and hardware.
User submitted photo of door handle and latch.
Profile picture of Dave
Thanks for submitting additional photos. Take a look at the Swisco 82-032 White Handle Set.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)