SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Will 82-034 fit my door?

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
I have an Anderson (American Craftsman) 50 Series sliding patio door. They don't offer a Brass finish handle option, but this looks like it could work. While the 2 screw dimension looks to be right, my current white handle is near 9" in height. Not sure but believe this is shorter. How can I tell if this will be a logical substitute?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
As long as the screw hole measurements match up, the height shouldn't be too much of an issue. This is assuming that there's nothing that would be exposed by using a shorter handle set. Door thickness is also an important factor to consider. The 82-034 can work on 1-3/8" thick doors.
A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
Door width is a problem as it is @ 1 5/8" think. May be outta luck here. Thanks for the quick response..
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
How about our 82-074, then? It's the same handle, except it's meant for 1-5/8" thick doors. Unfortunately, it does not come in the same colors.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)