SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Handle lock

A home owner from USA says:
I have a handle looks like 82-073. White. I do not have the key lock. The handle that locks broke. 3 15/16" holes 1 3/8" door double lock. If this will replace the existing I will use the lock one.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I don't know what you have, so I can't say if the 82-073 can replace your handle. The dimensions all seem to match, though. What makes you unsure if it will work?
A handy person says:
The existing door handle is a double lock and doesn't have a key lock. Does it matter. The lock handle inside is what broke.
Profile picture of Tom
I don't think having a keyed handle will affect the way your door operates outside of the fact that now you can lock and unlock it from the outside with a key. However, when you say double lock, are you referring to the inside mortise?

Without any other information to go on, it's difficult for us to say for sure if anything we have can work. If you're really not sure if our parts will work, you can take a few pictures of your existing hardware and upload them here for us to see. From there, we can work on a good solution for you.
A quick learner says:
Yes it has a double lock mortise.
Thank you,
A handy person from silverdale says:
I there any other information you need to figure this out.
Profile picture of Tom
Like I said above, you can take pictures of your hardware for us to see. We can try our best to find a good match after we can look at what you have.
A professional from California says:
The important part here isn't the keyed lock on the outside, but the position of the lever. If it is off-center, 82-073 or 82-034 should work. 82-031 or 82-069 should work for either off-center or centered.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)