SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Truth handle replacement

A home owner from Alexandria, ky says:
I have a Truth entry gard handle with hole openings of 4 1/8 inches. We would like to replace it. I have part numbers: 30490 outside plate, 40253 outside handle, 45004 inside handle, 20536 and 30747 locking parts, 4363228 frame plate.
Thanks for your time.
User submitted picture of Truth door handle 40253.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are currently researching a possible replacement part. We will post an update in this thread as soon as we have more information.

In the meantime, can you tell me if your set is keyed? That information will help us considerably.
A quick learner says:
No it is not. It seems to have a internal rod inside the door that locks at the top and bottom.
Profile picture of Donna
Please take a look at new SWISCO product code 82-066, sliding door replacement handle set, and compare to your original.

Please note, this is a discontinued patio door handle set; there is a limited supply, sold while supplies last.
Profile picture of Donna
Unfortunately, our 82-066, Sliding Door Handle Set, has become discontinued and is no longer available. I apologize to anyone who may be seeking this part.
A handy person from San Anselmo, CA says:
Donna,

I'm also looking for replacement handles.
Is the part still unavailable?

Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid this handle set is still not available. I personally have never had to retro fit a different handle to replace this one, so you may get something to work. My suggestion would be to check out a handle set like our 82-069 and re-drill the installation holes so that you can attach it to the door. The turn lever works on the same principle so I think it may be the best option.

If you need a key cylinder for the outside I suggest the 82-310. You can install it in the outside handle. You can also consider our 82-306 outside handle with the key cylinder already installed.

Keep in mind that I cannot guarantee that this hardware will work. This is simply my suggestion. Look over the parts I mentioned and see what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)