Hard to unlatch 84-225

A handy person from California says:
The latch on my rolscreen door is very hard to unlatch. It takes so much side force to "click" I am afraid I will break it. Can this be adjusted? Or is there something I can check before ordering a replacement 84-225?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I don't believe the 84-225 can be adjusted. You might want to try packing the keeper out in the jamb so that the 84-225 latch catches it more easily.
A handy person from California says:
Thanks! I took it apart and reassembled it, and it is much better now. I suspect the latch was misaligned when it was assembled, or maybe something was lodged in there. If I have more trouble, I'll play with the keeper.
How to replace the handle on a Pella Rolscreen sliding door
How to replace the handle on a Pella Rolscreen sliding door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.