Harvey Casement Window hinges

A home owner from Marion, MA says:
I've got a number of older (2002) Harvey Casement windows where the plastic "track" part in the upper hinges has snapped apart so the windows won't open properly (the top part of the window pop outward). Havey has shifted to a new metal version (which they sent me) but they are a different size and although they swear they should work, they don't. I'm hoping you can track down the older hinge. Harvey said they have no old ones but recommended I try you.

The PDF attached (2 pages) gives you measurements and a description. I also included a shot of them installed. There are no markings of any kind on the parts, I can try to get a part number but I don't have it at the moment.

Please let me know if you can obtain these hinges. In the process of selling the house so time is of the essence.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm sorry, but we don't carry this hinge with the nylon slide, either. The closest we have is our 36-023HD, which I wager is similar to the one Harvey sent you. I am surprised why it won't work, or why the material of the slide affected its operation. Can you go into more detail as to why the newer model won't work in your window?
A home owner from Marion, MA says:
Hi Tom, their new hinges have longer bars (by 3/4"), they fit the windows and sills fine, but the window wont fully close. I was working with a carpenter friend and he felt that the position of the slide in relation to the window's position was being affected by the length difference. He could be wrong, Harvey states point blank they should work. All I can say at the moment is when we put the old ones back on, the window closed. I'm going to mess around with it myself tomorrow - we got 1 old hinge with the new ones, so I've got some scenarios I can test.
Thanks for checking to see if you had them.
Best,
-David
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.