SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Harvey window pivot bar

A home owner from Andover, Massachusetts says:
I have some triple pane vinyl windows (Classic CVDH) from 1987 with a broken pivot bar on one side (the Harvey part # is 1658). I ordered Swisco part 26-164 (photo #3) last year because the pivot looked the same as the Harvey. I just opened the window frame and found that the pivot bar has a different interior section and in fact, the Harvey pivot bar appears to be a unit that is riveted in two places to a right angle plastic piece (see, photos #1 and #2). Do you have a replacement for the Harvey pivot bar unit?

Thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of pivot bars.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that our hardware didn't work out for you. I see that your original pivot bar pictured here is damaged. Is there any way we can see a picture of one that is undamaged? Could you also give me its dimensions? Thank you!
A handy person from Andover, Massachusetts says:
Here is the diagram of the dimensions a few more pictures from different angles. Thanks again.
User submitted photos of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Great! Thank you for the extra pictures. This helps clear things up.

Have you seen our 26-376 Window Sash Pivot? Do you think you may be able to use this as a replacement?
A quick learner from Andover, Massachusetts says:
Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I see two problems: First, the 26-376 does not have the cutaway in the pivot. Second, the pivot bar that I am looking for appears to be riveted in two spots and I could not figure out how to separate it from the plastic unit. I was hoping to obtain an entire pivot bar and plastic unit.

I appreciate your help, and hope you can find something like that.

Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. After extensive research, we have been unable to locate a replacement for this pivot bar. I believe that it has been discontinued, and is no longer available. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)