SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Having trouble finding matching awning operator

A handy person from New York says:

I'm looking to replace this awning operator but I can't seem to find one with the same dimensions for the "arm." I think it's 3" from end to end. The measurement of the mounting holes is 5 1/4". I don't see any brand or stamp or markings on it.

User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jon. I'm a little uncertain myself. I will need to see more photos of the operator, if possible. Specifically, I would like to see the front and back so that I can clearly see the holes and the link arm. I would also like to know the distance between the holes, center-to-center. Finally, can you tell me if the hole at the end of the arm is threaded or just a plain hole?
A handy person from Huntington NY says:
Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've attached more pictures. Let me know if you need anything to be clearer. The distance between the holes is either 5 7/16" or 5.5". The hole at the end is threaded.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Take a look at our 39-007 operator and check to see if the mounting holes in the body match up to yours. The link arm from rivet to hole center is 2-1/2", so compare that as well. As long as your link arm comes close you should be okay; awning operators have some "travel" in the linkage and gearing to make up the difference.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)