SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Heavy duty Closures.

A quick learner from Hutchinson, KS says:
what makes your closures 'heavy duty' ? & better than others heavy duty closures? I am installing french iron storm doors made by First Impressions Security Doors. they are very heavy and i plan on putting a closure at top & bottom of each door. thanks for a quick response.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Here in the Philadelphia area, we have steel storm door manufactures. They all seem to use the 40-015 closer which has a torsion bar attached to the closer cylinder. We also carry a white version, our 40-128. Also, normally you use only one closer per door mounted to the middle or top of the door frame.
A quick learner says:
Since there is a full glass panel in our storm door, mounting a closure would have to be at top or bottom. What is the minimum dimension required for mounting ??
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If you are talking about the gap between the storm door and the interior prime door were the jamb bracket is mounted, you would need minimum of 2-1/4". The manufacturer suggests 2-1/8" but I personally like to have a little wiggle room. It's up to you. We also have instructions on how to install the 40-128, this may help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)