Heavy non tilt spiral balances

A quick learner says:
I need 4 tubes 500 series tube length is 46", sashes weigh 60 lbs each.

I also need 2 tubes 30" for 30#sash,

2 tubes 28" for 30# sash,

two tubes 25" for 30# sash,

I need 4 tubes 28" for 40# sashes,

I need 2 tubes 25 " for 30#sash.

I also need the bottom ends attached for screwing to the bottom of the sashes plus the tool.

These windows have never had spiral balances but they are channeled for them already. Looks like 14 tubes total. double hung non-tilt sashes. Hope this is enough info. Thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello again. Thanks for submitting the clear and detailed information. I think we can definitely help, but I still have a few more questions.

My first question is in regards to the length of your balances. Can you clarify exactly how you measured? Most of these balances seem typical, but the 46" balance is extraordinarily large. I'm not even sure that can be custom made. Did you make sure to only measure the outer tube for each balance? Is the 46" long balance different from the others by any chance? There is a certain type of commercial-grade spiral balance that is larger and stronger than our normal Series 500 and I'm wondering if that's what this is. Perhaps it would be best if you showed us a couple pictures of it, just so we can be sure.

Assuming all the other balances other than the 46" length are normal Series 500, and assuming their lengths were determined by measuring only the tube, I would recommend the following:

-30" long, 30 pound sash: S500-30 with Blue Tip.

-28" long, 30 pound sash: S500-28 with Blue Tip.

-25" long, 30 pound sash: S500-25 with Blue Tip.

-28" long, 40 pound sash: S500-28 with Black Tip.

-25" long, 30 pound sash: See above.

For the bracket, see our 17-012, and for the charging tool, our 75-004.

That should cover everything. Just to clarify, though, I would like you to confirm how you're measuring the length of these balances. I would also like some pictures of the 46" long balance since it might be something special.
A quick learner from boston says:
The reason for the 46" tubes is because that is the opening from the top of the lower sash to the top of the upper sash.The sash is 51 3/4" tall. Is it ok to not mount the tube at the top of the opening? I will wait for your recommendation before i order these 4 tubes. the rest i have already ordered today. Thanks for your help, R Gilardi. P.S. I will try to get a picture tomorrow when I'm in that neighborhood.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you, pictures will be a huge help.

Also, it sounds like you have a cottage window, where the bottom sash is smaller than the top sash. Can you confirm? If so, what is the overall height of the window track? What is the width and height of the top and bottom sash, respectively?
A contractor from boston says:
Don't know if photos are in here but this is what I need. The sash is 51 inches tall. the slots in the side are 5/8 inches wide. the sash weighs 60 lbs. Can you provide a spiral balancer that will lift this sash? Thanks Bob G.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Bob. It seems you sent pictures of the window itself. We received three of them. They definitely help, however, we specifically need pictures of the balances that operate these windows. Are you able to get those for us?
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.