Height of roller for Product code 84-083

A quick learner from Crossville TN says:
I have a screen roller that looks very much like an 84083. The height of my roller is 1 1/8 inch. What is the height of the 84083?

Quentin
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Are you referring to the height of the housing, or the diameter of the roller? The housing height is variable, since it is on a spring. When uncompressed, it is approximately 2-5/8" including both the screw and wheel. Compress, it is approximately 2-1/4", also including the screw and wheel. The wheel diameter is 1".
A handy person from Crossville , TN says:
I am just referring to the 1 1/8 " height of the U shaped housing only. Anything more than that and the housing will not seat in the door frame fully. The steel roller is one inch in diameter and 1/4 " thick.

Thank you
Quentin
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see. Thank you for clarifying! The height of the yoke is approximately 1-1/4".
A handy person from crossville tn. says:
Do you have any roller assemblies with the measurements I need.
Profile picture of Tom
Well, our 84-056 has a slightly shorter housing at approximately 1-3/16". Could I maybe see a few pictures of your hardware? Perhaps you have something we've never seen.
How to replace a Columbia door bottom roller
How to replace a Columbia door bottom roller
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.