SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help Identifying Sash Pivot Bar

A quick learner from Iowa says:
I do not see this pivot bar on here. I can find the tilt latch, product code: 26-055. If that will help somebody determine brand of window. The windows are vinyl. I am looking to become a first time home buyer so all of this is new to me. The windows in this house have a few small hardware pieces broken here and there. Keeping them from operating correctly. I believe they can be repaired if I can find the pieces. The couple people I have had come look at the windows just want to quote me new windows. They say without knowing the manufacturer it will be impossible to find the hardware. I did not think to get measurements... only pics. Do not know the next time I will be able to get into the place with the realtor. Waiting to hear back if seller is willing to repair them. Wanted to do some research on my own in the meantime. Thanks for any help!!
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! I believe that you have an old Cook window, which was one of the first tilt windows ever designed. I also believe that the frames are aluminum, not vinyl.

The part you are looking for closely resembles our 17-074, and you are correct in your identification of the 26-055. Look over our pictures and measurements and see what you think.

If you need anything else, let me know!
A quick learner says:
That is it! Thank you so much!! Cant believe I missed that looking through the parts. The info you gave me will save us from having to replace the windows right away. As I am sure it wouldn't hurt to. When funds warrant doing so. Thanks again!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)