SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help choosing casement hinges

A home owner from San Francisco says:

I live in San Francisco by the ocean and there's a lot of fog and salt air that has corroded my center patio casement hinges. I'm looking to get five pairs of corrosion resistant hinges that can withstand the salty and foggy San Francisco air such as stainless steel casement hinges. I can't tell who makes the hinges because there are no markings that would indicate a make or model. Also, would longer hinges still work if I can't find the exact size? The following are the current door and window dimensions in my centre patio:

Dimensions L x W x H):
1) 31 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 72 1/8" one door
2) 20 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 72 1/8" two doors
3) 17 1/2" x 1 3/4" x 54 1/8" two windows

The smaller hinges are 12" in length and the largest is 24" in length. The sash width could hold up to 1 1/4" width hinge (current hinges are 7/8" width).

Thanks a million,
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Check out our 36-013-10 and see if this can work for you. These are stainless steel.
A quick learner from SF says:
My original hinges are 12". Will these still work even though they are 10" long?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid we don't have a version of this hinge in 12". However, the stainless steel support arms of the 36-013-10 gives the sash more weight carrying capability, up to 140 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)