SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help finding new crank

A home owner from USA says:
Please verify what hardware this is and I cannot remove it and need to know how. There are 6 screws that I removed and I think there are 2 more in the cutout. Is the cover one piece? There is not a jam you can pry up on like in your video.
User submitted photo of their window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
For this style operator, I would look at our 39-253L and 39-253R. Do these look like they match? As for removal, it should just slide out once all the screws are removed. If there are more obscured by the trim, you will need to find some way to remove it so that you can access them.
A home owner from Eagle River, Alaska says:
Thanks for the quick response but do you have any ideas on how to remove the trim to get to the screws as I know I need to find some way but I have looked and no ideas yet.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
There has to be away to access the mounting screws in the base of the operator. Take a good look and see if you can use an off-set screw driver to access the mounting screws. If you still can't get to the screws, you have to remove the sill cover. There is no other way.

Is there a seam on the bottom of the sill cover? I can't make one out. If so, that mean it might be one that snaps in place. Take a small screw driver or chisel and try to pry it up at one end and see if you have any luck, just like how we show in our video. You just have to be more careful that you don't crack or damage the plastic on the frame. If you are not comfortable doing this then I recommend hiring a handy person to come out and do it for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)