SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help in finding trim

A quick learner from Texas says:
Hello, I have a couple of windows that I need to replace the snap in trim on but I cannot match the profile to any listed on your website. So I would like some assistance in matching up the trim or choosing an equivalent if I could get some please. I can snap a picture of the profile with a reference scale in the pic if that would help.

Thanks,
Willie
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes! A picture of the profile with detailed dimensions would be a huge help, Willie. Let me know.
A quick learner says:
Sorry it took so long to get back, been traveling and busy at work. So here is a pic from my camera, might be too blurry but we can start here. The dimensions are the vertical piece is 0.335 inch, the horizontal dimension is 0.475 inch. There is a U shape that clips into the window frame in the upper left of the picture. That outside dimension of the U is 0.1". If this picture is too blurry please let me know and I'll try again. The windows are double pane and were installed in 1995 if that helps. Thanks.
User submitted a photo of snap in glazing.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, this picture is a great help. I'm not sure if we have anything identical, but check out our 55-180. Could this work for you? Your shape is different, but I'm thinking maybe yours is just smushed. Let me know if you agree.
A quick learner says:
While not an exact match dimensionally the shape is sure the same. For the vertical dimension I listed at 0.335 inch your's is 0.25 inch. I did double check that dimension and indeed the original piece is a bit longer. However once the L shape is flush with the pane face and you compress the flex piece to snap the U in they are probably functionally equivalent? If you agree I'll probably snag a couple of sections and give it a try. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
If the flat part isn't long enough, maybe you could also consider our 55-120. This might be closer.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)