SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help locating Allen Stevens hardware

A handy person from San Francisco, Bay Area says:
I have an old "Allen Stevens corp" RD 1985 door handle and lock assembly, which has a a latch Hook typical of your part # 82-248. I would wish to purchase a complete new door locking assembly, if available. If not then I will purchase the piece parts and replace each as necessary. If purchasing individual parts, I would need the following:

1. The matting door jam latch to match 82-248
2. The interior latching lever to match above
3. The exterior escutcheon plate,to close the opening where key lock would be mounted, NO external key lock will be installed.
4. The door hook steel spring strip for indexing the door hook position,
5. Screws or fasteners as required to restore existing interior handle to door frame.

Pleas advise if all items are available, as if not will require to purchase new assembly from appropriate source,
Many thanks. Ken

this item along with the matting door jam latch, which I cannot identify.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Ken. I'm not sure what you have, exactly. I would need more information about the handle itself, namely the distance between its hole centers. That said, you might want to start with our 82-003 and see how this matches up. If not, can I see a few pictures of your existing handle? Can you also tell me the distance between its installation hole centers? Thanks!
A handy person from San Francisco, Bay Area says:
Further to my inquiry for Allen-Stevens. door handle. The actual handle/door pull is in good condition. The mounting holes are 4"+- If you can supply the necessary parts, it will be greatly appreciated. If however,that is not possible, could you recommend a source for a purchase of complete package,as at this point I have not found a local glass door fabricator who can provide any such hardware.
Many thanks for any assistance with this issue.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I still don't know what handle you have. I would need to see pictures in order to accurately identify it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)