SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Help replacing channel balance

A quick learner from Fort Worth, TX says:
I have BFS windows and I have a broken channel balance that I need to replace. There is no stamp on it. However, it appears to have a 19-005 top and what appears to be a 15-001 shoe (though the shape seems slightly different). The length is 34 inches.

I have attached photos of the channel.

I'd like to replace both sides, since I'm sure it's just a matter of time until the other one fails.

Please help me ascertain which channel I need to order.

Thank you for your help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This is our Series S395 channel balance. I just need to know the weight of your window sash before I can tell you which specific balance you need to order. Thanks!
A quick learner from Fort Worth, TX says:
My sash is 27 pounds. Ideally I'd like to order 2 (or maybe more) of these, since I"m sure this will not be the last of these to break.

Also, I looked at the other channel balance and the writing on it said "33 9 IW CMC 11" I don't know what that means, but part of it was illegible in the one I took a picture of, so I wanted to share this information.

Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. Based on the weight of your window sash you need the 3340 option. Take a look at the S395-34 with the 3340 option. I am here if you need any help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)